ROX Bouldering League
League dates: Jan. 9th – Feb. 10th
Register by: Jan. 6th, 2023
This FREE casual League is focused on fun, friendship, climbing, and community with a smidge of competition! New League Boulders will premier once a week. Climbers of ALL abilities are welcome to participate (Scoring is based on the relative grade limit for each climber). Create a Co-Ed Team of 3 or join as a Free Agent and let us find you a team. For ages 18+.
1. Climbers will assemble a team of 3 participants. If unable to do so climbers may sign up as a free agent and will be randomly assigned to a team.
2. All scorekeeping and logging will be done within the KAYA app.
3. Points are awarded based on KAYA’s handicap system (registered max grade). EX: If a climber has a V5 handicap, they will receive 100 points for a V5. If they have a V10 handicap, they will receive 100 points for a V10. Each grade deviation is +/- 10 points.
V-Grade level: choose the hardest grade you can send in 5 tries
4. KAYA has sandbag-detection that will help prevent people from being in the wrong handicap group.
5. Each attempt after the flash go will result in a 1pt deduction. Competitors will record each flash, attempt, and send in real-time in KAYA.
6. Climbers will be able to climb League Boulders anytime between Tuesday and Friday of the week they were set. League Boulders will be marked with a specific tag.
7. A boulder can only be counted once per person each week.
8. Climbs “Expire” on Friday of each week. Leaving them no longer available to collect points for.
9. Individual scores are taken from the Top 5 Ascents. They will be displayed on the KAYA leaderboard in real-time.
10. The league will culminate with a fun bouldering event night!
Leave a Reply