Welcome to LNPC’s EDGE Sports Performance
This area of LNPC is designed to help drive your fitness and athletic development goals with customized programs for all ages.
Facility and Equipment
The facility is outfitted with a 5,900 square foot turf field and indoor track as well as open concept weight room for all your development needs. The turf will be used for multi directional speed technique and progressions, med ball throws, explosive movements, and recovery modalities. The weight room is equipped with state of the art custom equipment from Sorinex, Rogue and PowerBlock adjustable dumbbells. We will have two double sided racks and a separate rig with two work stations, which are all designed to optimize your training experience.
Our youth programming is designed as age-appropriate training, with a multi sport emphasis and an emphasis on long term athletic development.
- The Fundamentals program (<8 years old) is based on teaching fundamental athletic movement patterns and creating a fun and safe training environment. Training will include introducing body weight movement patterns and progressions, body control and coordination, and building self-confidence through sport and play.
- The Jump Start program (8-11 years old) will build upon the fundamentals program by continuing to teach fundamental athletic movement patterns while introducing basic safe strength principles. Training will include introducing body weight movement patterns and progressions, body control and coordination, building self-confidence and improving mobility and flexibility. This will also include an introduction to power movements such as jumping and landing, acceleration and deceleration, and linear and multi-planar speed.
- The D1 Program (12-15 years old) will teach and introduce safe basic strength, speed and power progressions. This multi sport program will emphasize efficiency of movement while continuing to build strength, flexibility/mobility, power, multi-planar speed, and conditioning when appropriate.
- The D2 Program (16-18 years old) is a comprehensive performance program based on sound scientific principles and progressions. This multi sport program will emphasize efficiency of movement while building strength, flexibility/mobility, power, multi-planar speed, and conditioning when appropriate. This program will include increasing the athletes ability to safely load strength patterns and power movements.
- The Team Training program is designed to build and develop team chemistry through comprehensive sport specific training and progressions. This program could include, but is not limited to, youth academy teams, middle school or high school teams, or adult recreational teams. This program has a high performance training approach which will cater the training around the age of the athlete, the physiological demands of the sport and the time of the year. This will include sport specific strength, flexibility/mobility, power, multi-planar speed, and conditioning programming for in season, off season, pre season and post season training.
- The Adult program will be catered to each individual- whether you are looking to regain basic athletic movement patterns to apply every day life, are looking to compete at a high level in recreational/sport activities, or are an athlete competing at an elite college or professional level.
- The Adult Development Program is designed to help promote long term health and performance as well as develop comradery through a group/community based training setting. This program will include customized programming based on your individual goals and needs.
- The Adult Tactical Performance Program is a comprehensive training program based on sound scientific principles and progressions with an emphasis on helping tactical professionals (military, police officers, fire fighters, security personnel, paramedics etc…) perform at the highest level. This program has a high performance training approach which will cater the training around the physiological demands of the job and is designed to optimize performance and reduce injury risk. This will include periodized hypertrophy, strength, flexibility/mobility, power and conditioning programming.
Meet the Coach
Alex Parr joined the Lake Nona Performance Club in June 2021 as Sports Performance Coordinator after spending fifteen years working in sports performance at the collegiate level.
Most recently, he spent the last five years at UCF as the Director of Sports Performance for Olympic Sports. At UCF, Parr oversaw the comprehensive strength and conditioning programs and staff for all of the 15 non-football sports programs. Specifically, he designed and implemented sport-specific performance programs focusing on strength, flexibility, balance, agility and conditioning, as well as nutrition consultation.
Prior to his time at UCF, Parr made stops with similar roles at Old Dominion University, the University of Miami, and The George Washington University.
The Montgomery Village, Maryland native has several nationally recognized certifications including as a certified strength and conditioning specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, level one sports performance coach through United States Weightlifting, performance enhancement specialist through the National Academy of Sports Medicine, active isolated stretching, and the certification in applied functional science through the Gray Institute. Parr is also certified through the Titleist Performance Institute as a level 1 golf fitness instructor focusing on golf specific screens and movement progressions.
He lives in Orlando with his wife, Lauren, and their two Daughters.